Our nails can change in shape, color, thickness or other ways and it is important to pay attention to them because they can provide clues to your overall health. Healthy, normal nails are smooth, even, and have a consistent coloring with no spots or discolored areas.
You should ask your dermatologist of you notice:
- Changes in nail color, such as discoloration of the entire nail or a dark streak under the nail
- Changes in nail shape, such as curled nails
- Thinning or thickening of the nails
- Separation of the nail from the surrounding skin
- Bleeding around the nails
- Redness, swelling or pain around the nails
Call Gardner Dermatology & Med Spa for an appointment to discuss the health of your nails.
Disclaimer: Individual results may vary from patient to patient and there is no guarantee of specific results.