Age Spots, Sun Spots, and Sun Damage
Age spots, sun spots and sun damage appear on the skin as uneven pigmented areas. The cumulative effects of sun exposure put us at a higher risk of cellular damage, premature aging, discoloration, and skin cancer. It is important to get regular skin checks by a dermatologist, especially when you have had excessive sun exposure or have a history of skin cancer. If you start to notice new discolored areas or spots on the skin or changes in existing moles and spots, you should also have a skin exam.
For benign spots that are not cancerous, or for areas of the skin that have sun damage and signs of aging you would like to improve, there are many cosmetic treatments available.
- IPL-RF- Treats redness, brown pigment, texture, pore size and fine lines.
- V-Beam- Laser for treating age spots, sun spots, leg veins, facial veins, bruising, birthmarks and port wine stains.
- Sublative-RF- Laser for firming, tightening, texture, uneven pigment, pore size, scarring, stretch marks, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Mixto Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing- Laser for deeper lines and wrinkles, sun damage, pigmentation, pore size and scarring. Tightens, firms, reduces sun damage and slows signs of aging.
- Sublime- No downtime, tightening laser treatment for sagging or loose skin. Treats wrinkles on the face, sagging neck and jawline and loose skin areas on the body that need firming.
- Erbium Laser Peel- Resurfacing and firming laser for more even skin tone.
- Chemical Peels- various levels of chemical peels formulated to treat everything from acne and aging to melasma and rosacea.
- Dermaplaning- a method of precise, manual exfoliation with a surgical blade followed by a chemical peel for increased cell turnover and skin rejuvenation.
- Microdermabrasion- Exfoliating facial treatment that increases cell turnover, improves texture, tone and appearance of the skin.
- Hyperbaric O2 Facial- Increases oxygen levels to the skin and infuses high levels of antioxidants, vitamins, skin brighteners and hyaluronic acid into the skin for an immediate firmer, brighter, tighter and more youthful, glowing appearance.
When you come to Gardner Dermatology & Med Spa, we will design a customized treatment plan based specifically on your needs and concerns. We thoroughly explain your options and help you choose a plan that will meet your skin care goals as well as your budget. Gardner Dermatology & Med Spa has the latest and most up to date technology, treatments, services and products to help you achieve healthy, beautiful, brighter and more youthful looking skin. Call (770) 952-1977 to schedule your free cosmetic treatment or skin care consultation with one of our Licensed Aestheticians.
Disclaimer: Individual results may vary from patient to patient and there is no guarantee of specific results.